8.18.2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

C'mon, you know you're thinking it too. Ya gotta love that first day of school. Both boys were totally excited to go today although Zack was trying to play the tough kid that wasn't interested at all but that didn't last long. Bryce wanted spiky hair and his tiger shirt. Zack wanted french toast and eggs. They both got what they wanted. :) Robb's out of town but called them right before we left the house to wish the boys a great day.

Although they'll normally ride the bus to school, I drove them today and was quite enjoying the fact that the parking lots weren't crowded at all. We walked Zack to his door and one of his very best friends was there waiting in line too. He was so excited they were going to be in the same class. Then I walked Bryce over to kindergarten. Oh my Brycey. He still just seems too small! I was actually hoping that he would have SOME separation issues which he didn't. He walked right in and didn't look back. It kinda made me sad...but not for long. I quite enjoyed my morning run and peaceful grocery shopping. :)


6 comments:

shelly said...

Isn't it so weird being home alone for a change?? :) Happy days sistah!

Erica said...

I can't wait until tomorrow!!! It will be so quite, even though I will still have the little at home- but the fighting... ahhh

The Haley Family said...

so cute, as usual!!! Love the spikey hair and tiger shirt!

No home alone for me...but my sanity has just doubled only have 2 of 4 home!

Hey...you no longer commenting on blogs?? *grin*

The Toy Guru said...

Gotta Love it!!! They're growing up. Yea...I was sad for about....Oh wait...I wasn't sad at all. Any kind of shopping is awesome and silent and cheaper without our little friends.

Alli said...

Kris, kris, kris. Zack looks so big and grownup and what is my baby Bryce doing in Kindergarten. You finally have freedom and you're not here to hang with me. I am shedding a tear right this second.

KrisJ said...

So sad! I hate the Kinder year first day drop off. Its just so hard and they seem so big!