"Some people just have bad teeth." The direct quote from my dentist. I took the boys last week for a check up. Zack looked great and Bryce, my little 5 year old Bryce, had FIVE CAVITIES. I about died. I think I literally said, "What the heck?" and probably at an inappropriate volume. After explaining that they both brush the same amount and I always "finish up" for them...how could this happen?? "Some people just have bad teeth."
So he went today to get 2 of them filled and they discovered one of his cavities had gone all the way down into the root and nerve. They didn't know before because they couldn't do X-rays because his mouth was too small to get them in! "He should have been in pain." was the next quote but Bryce told us he hadn't felt a thing. Hmm...bad teeth and bad nerves?? Anyhoo, since it was so deep, they had to put a silver crown over the one tooth as part of the repair. He, of course, thinks that is cool. I was too chicken to watch but Robb said he did great with Disney music on the headphones, sunglasses on, and his happy gas mask which helped him "float in space." We head back next week for the other fillings. Ya gotta love spending all this money on teeth that are gonna eventually fall out...
So he went today to get 2 of them filled and they discovered one of his cavities had gone all the way down into the root and nerve. They didn't know before because they couldn't do X-rays because his mouth was too small to get them in! "He should have been in pain." was the next quote but Bryce told us he hadn't felt a thing. Hmm...bad teeth and bad nerves?? Anyhoo, since it was so deep, they had to put a silver crown over the one tooth as part of the repair. He, of course, thinks that is cool. I was too chicken to watch but Robb said he did great with Disney music on the headphones, sunglasses on, and his happy gas mask which helped him "float in space." We head back next week for the other fillings. Ya gotta love spending all this money on teeth that are gonna eventually fall out...

6 comments:
that was my next thought...b/c that tooth is one of the ones nathan just lost. well...we can call him silvertooth for the next5-6 years. :)
That is AWESOME! When he loses that one you better save it. I want to know what your dad thinks- didn't help raise you better than that, to not have children with cavities? J/K- I have heard the same thing about some people just having bad teeth.
oh little Bryce! What a trooper...at least he thought it was cool and didn't completely FREAK out!!!
What a trooper!!
That's our baby Bryce - he's too cool for words!
I so feel your pain! Ashlie and Baylie have no cavities and Roxy and Tyler always have them- and they actually brush longer than the other two. They actually wear out the bristles on their brushes from brushing so hard but it just doesn't matter, they don't have good teeth. :( (Unfortunately they get that from me- ugh!)
What a trooper little Bryce is! He takes after his parents for sure!!
I totally feel your pain Kris. Isaac brushes his teeth every morning and Brandon or I will brush and floss at night. Our last dentist appointment he had a cavity in one of his Molars. AAH How could this be? Was my same reaction. We have to wait until September before they get us in to fill it and I swear it will have gone to the root by then. AAHHH more frustration for you and I.
Thanks for sharing.
Heather :)
Post a Comment