1.22.2013

Take Note

I am a very lucky girl that I get to be a part of this wonderful singing group.  I think I am in my 3rd year now with Take Note.  They were previously Triple Trio and have been around for more than 25 years.  Becky, on the bottom right is the last original member.


There are many things I love about it but the main thing is I love being challenged in music again.  Since college most of my music experience has been teaching and playing simple things on the violin for church or in chamber orchestras.  This has brought me back to tough sight reading, listening, blending, and learning a lot more about singing than I ever knew.  I'm blessed to sing with many gals who are music graduates and others who aren't but are just downright talented!  I'm still able to play my violin with them on certain pieces which is fun too.  We have sung at many assisted living centers, city functions, political fundraisers and rallies, and much more.  This year we are competing at the jazz festival at UNC up in Greeley and are singing some really tough stuff.  I am so grateful for this outlet in my life and to sing with these amazing women. 
post signature

1 comments:

Carli said...

Amen and Amen! I love having you in the group. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent with us!