7.21.2010

Physical Therapy

Sat in the waiting room for over 1/2 hour waiting (fitting name)...only consolation was that I found out PT would cost me nothing. Can I get a hallelujah? Only magazines were Sports Illustrated and ESPN. Perused, read snipits, felt a little bit motivated when I saw the completely fit bods of the World Cup teams...

Finally, Keith, the therapist and athletic trainer walked out in his hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip flops and summoned me. After walking, getting my legs and knee cap twisted all about, getting my right quad POUNDED (...ouch), doing some painful stretches...over and over, an ultrasound, some electro-stimulation, a freakish tape job to keep my knee cap in the right spot, and an ice cream cone (it apparently was ice cream Wednesday for all patients)...I was out the door.

I gotta say, while sitting on the treatment table with electricity blasting into my knee, I scoped out all the workout equipment in the room and wished...a lot...that I could just go hop on and take a run or ride. Motivation is seeping back in little by little.

Now only 8 more times in the next 4 weeks and I should be good to go...hopefully.

post signature

1 comments:

Erica said...

So are all your appts going to be on Wednesdays then? :) I hope it helps, I need to start running again and you were a great running partner, so get better fast!!!