1.07.2008
Back to School Blues...
...not for me of course. I don't know if anyone had this experience this morning but I knew I would get a little flak from Zack about going back to school after Christmas break. So, I planned ahead to make the morning great for him: pillow fights, pancakes, tickle machine, etc. He, of course, enjoyed all those things but as soon as I said anything about school it was like he flipped from Jekyll to Hyde....total meltdown...flipping like a fish on the floor. So, the whole time on the way to school, I knew he wasn't going to get out of the car and was going to pull the stubborn card. But, he surprised me. Once he saw all the kids, he was back to normal again. Was anyone else's kids complaining this morning??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
well, nathan's got the flu--so he's home still. but colin was really excited to go! super happy to be back with his friends.
oh, and katie wanted to know if it was show & tell today.
I think my kids were sad to give up the lazy routine of the mornings during vacation, but I think they flourish in the structure and routine of school as well. Their only problem this morning was in having to get up early again.
My kids have always been excited for school I dont know if they really just like getting away from me! LOL But I do feel lucky that they love school and I think you are so great for trying so hard in the morning! GOOD JOB
You are such a great mom. I hope I can learn from you. You helped to start Zack's morning off right. Even with the melt down, he'll remember the small things you do to help brighten his day.
Post a Comment