9.29.2007

Fabulous Fall Flair

...OK, so I'm a sucker for alliteration.
Robb had to work all day today so Shannon and I took the boys up to Rocky Mountain National Park to see if we could find some good fall-ish colors. It was pouring rain as we pulled into Estes Park but we didn't give up! It eventually cleared up enough to be pleasant (if you call 45 degrees pleasant). Trail Ridge Road was already closed due to snowfall but we were still able to see some amazing things. The elk were out in all their glory and bugling SO loud. The yellow aspens were brilliant and amazing. It was just so beautiful, my camera was in hyper drive.
One of many cool shots of the river we found.

You couldn't see the tip top of the mountains because of the clouds but I loved the fall colors with the snowy mountains.

One of the many herds of elk we found. He was bugling so loud!


I just loved the depth of this picture! So gorgeous.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carli said...

Beautiful pictures!! You are quite the photographer. Thanks for checking in to my blog and giving me your address. I love getting to know more about my friends!

Erica said...

These pictures are amazing. I love fall, it is my favortire time of year.