10.13.2012

Organized Noise

It's been pretty evident the last couple of years that Zack is very drawn to music.  He's been playing the piano for over a year now and has just started picking things up really quickly.  He heard an amazing version of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal played by 2 dueling cellos and he was hooked!  So when it came time to pick electives in middle school this year, it took him about 2 seconds to decide he wanted to play cello in the orchestra.  As a Music Ed graduate with an orchestral emphasis, I was just a little bit thrilled.

His first orchestra concert was this week.  They had 3 separate orchestras, one per grade, just tons of kids which was awesome to see!  Zack's group played very simple pieces, some bowed, some pizzicato (plucked), but I thought they sounded pretty great for only playing for a month.  Definitely some intonation issues that you just have to plug your ears a little bit, especially if you have a music background...ha ha, but I was very proud of him and so many of his friends that were in the orchestra with him.  I'm looking forward to the next concert to see what improvements have been made.


He is stand partners with one of his best friends, Hunter.  Not sure what Zack's face is all about.






post signature

0 comments: