10.13.2012

Scrapaway 2012

It had been a couple of years since I'd gone to scrapaway.  It's just a delightful girls weekend over conference weekend in the fall where we take off for a few days, relax, scrapbook, watch conference, and laugh lots.  Two years ago was still pre-hysterectomy and I just remember being in lots of pain and wishing I could just enjoy myself instead of suffer.    This year, I was feeling great and was so excited to go.  Then Carli emailed us and let us know the place we were planning on going had to cancel on us because of a death in the family.  So we had just a day or two to find a new place or just bag it.  Well, Carli found this amazing place up in the mountains just outside of Buena Vista.

We headed up early enough in the day that we were able to stop and shop at the Outlet malls in Silverthorne.  It's amazing how many stores one can tackle in just a couple of hours without kids!

 We got up to our cabin super late but in the morning, we woke up to this!  Our cabin was sitting on the edge of a huge meadow with snow covered mountains in the back.  It was just as gorgeous inside.



On Saturday, in between conference sessions, I talked Carli into going on a "little" bike ride with me which I think she regrets...LOL.  It ended up being a little longer that both of us anticipated but it was gorge!


We had to take this road down around that corner to see what we could see.  Lots of aspens and a beautiful winding path through the mountains.  I think it was worth the uphill on the way back. :)


I had quite a delightful time with all these ladies.  I think I only got about 5 scrapbook layouts done, but heard lots of stories, ate yummy food, played some cards, watched some movies, passed the kleenex around as we were all touched by the spirit during conference, and just had an all-around fantastic time with some great friends.

 



 post signature

1 comments:

Carli said...

It was a pretty fabulous time, huh? So glad you could go with us again this year!