As a joke, I told my boys I had no budget for Halloween costumes this year. They didn't care one bit. Bryce was totally stoked to try and make his own and Zack was sitting at the computer till about 2 minutes before we left to go trick or treating and he just threw an old cape thing on. He almost didn't go because he wanted to hand out candy. What? I have a kid old enough to not want to go trick or treating?? Anyway, I DID spend money on Avery's costume because...well...she's 3 and desperately needed a new princess dress since Tiana and Rapunzel are totally hammered. So Cinderella it was! And Cindarella dominates most of these pics.
I told her I'd even put a little make up on her...she always begs...and I always say no. She flew up the stairs so fast to get my make up bag!
Bryce was Enderman from Minecraft, a computer game for those of you who don't have 8-12 year old boys. He had lots of fun spray painting the Costco waffle box and he made cool claws out of duct tape too but they weren't on on this picture.
Then, he decided to just put candy in the box head he spent so much time on and put weird face make up on. Whatever...he was happy.
This was the only pic I got of all three of them at one door before they ran off at different speeds.
Let me just say that my camera hates the dark. I'm sure there is a way to improve that relationship but I'm not sure how to do that just yet so my pics outside were kind of a crap shoot. Sometimes they were cute and sometimes totally blurry. However, this was a pretty good one! For about the first 10 houses, Avery sprinted! It was pretty funny. She was definitely in a hurry! Candy! Candy! Candy!
There was this creepy killer dude in someone's front yard. I told them to pose by it. It was actually pretty dark and I couldn't see their poses/faces till the flash went off. So not surprised...by either one of them.
My stupid foot started to hurt and Avery's feet were hurting too so Erica and I headed home with the littles while the guys took the older boys around the neighborhood a little longer. This photo was completely posed by Erica but CUTE!
Organizing candy has become quite the tradition in our house. My boys organize theirs daily into different groupings. It's really...well...weird but whatever. Avery wanted to join in on the fun. She took out every piece of NON-chocolate and said she didn't want it. Smart girl.
Happy Halloween!












0 comments:
Post a Comment