3.10.2011

New Start

After almost 15 years of dealing with the almost constant nightmare of endometriosis, I bit the bullet and just had the problem organs extracted from my tired body. Yay! A cool high tech robot did most of the work under the amazingly capable hands of my surgeon. All would have been just dandy had my kidney not stopped working. Anyway, one major complication, a couple of surgeries and lots of sleeping and vicodin/ibuprofen ingesting later, I'm feeling much better! It will be another 4 weeks before I can actually lift Avery or do regular housework but here's hoping time flies.

A big thanks to my amazingly patient parents who were here and cleaned, cooked, and shuttled back and forth to the hospital for 10 days. Thanks also to Robb's parents who are still here and have done the Costco runs, cleaning, and so much more. I'm grateful for all you awesome friends who have also showed up to take care of me and my family when I can't. Maybe it's the lack of estrogen not flowing from my non-existent ovaries but you make me a little emotional with all your love, meals, goodies, and prayers. {Hugs}

post signature

3 comments:

Alli said...

I love ya and wish I could have been there to help! I'm sending prayers and love your way for a extra speedy recovery :-)! Hugs!!!

P.S. Only 7 weeks till Women's Conference :-)

KrisJ said...

Im just so excited that you are finally going to be able to feel good! Heres to a fast month!!

Lori Davis said...

YAY for new starts and good riddance endometriosis!! Love you! Happy recovering!