3.22.2011

Derby Time

Last year I missed Zack's first pinewood derby because I was in Peru. Turns out I didn't miss too much because he lost every race and came in dead last. So this year, his goal was to NOT come last in every race. I know, we shoot for the stars, right? Well, he succeeded! His car was not that fast but he was 14th out of 19 this year. But, hey, improvement!

Zack's not really into pack meetings or when everyone gets together in a big group so he wasn't all that excited to go but I think he had a lot of fun making his car with Robb. He wanted it to kind of look like Bumblebee from Transformers. They already have a plan for next year I think to make it faster and Bryce gets to join in the fun next year too!


Zack and his friend Jonah:


post signature

2 comments:

The Haley Family said...

YEAH ZACK!!! If you want speed tips, have Robb call Matt! :) Love the Bumble Bee design!

The Seaquist Family said...

Cool car. We had our Pinewood Derby tonight. Have fun next year when brother races brother. We have a 10 year old and a 9 year old. Pinewood Derby often ends in tears....like tonight when there was tie for first place between my two kids....not good.