9.09.2009

Finding Hope

I dread 9/11. Every year when it comes I literally have a pit in my stomach remembering that day and everything I saw and felt. My heart races whenever I see 9/11 footage on TV. I will always have the memory of losing a dear friend at the Pentagon. I will never forget the phone call. Zack was born 9 days after 9/11 and I'm so grateful that I had that to pull me out of the fear and angst and get me back to "normal." I'm not sure why it impacted me so much.

So when I saw my friend's post on Facebook of this clip, I almost didn't watch it because I hate watching 9/11 things. But I'm glad I did. It's very inspiring and shows how God can heal you. When you have 8 minutes to sit and focus, watch it.

Thanks again to all the heroes out there who continue to fight for our freedom.

1 comments:

cherylinthedr@yahoo.com said...

I listened to Fox News this morning just in time to participate in the minute of silence. Thanks for a moment to think about those who have sacrificed for us. Living in the DR I realize sometimes we Americans (me included) complain too much and appreciate too little.