11.26.2007

My New Favorite Phrase

OK, so if you know me very well, you know I like enormous words. (I was a total crossword puzzle geek back in the day.) So we were in gospel doctrine yesterday reading in the first chapter of James. And out came the phrase...superfluity of naughtiness. I almost laughed out loud. In the footnotes, it explained that superfluity means overabundnace. For some reason that just resonated with me, probably because that is the underlying feeling of my home when the boys are "playing together." If they aren't arguing they are coming up with some plot or activity that will surpass the last and will undoubtedly enrage their parents. Ha ha...thought I'd share.

4 comments:

alison said...

so what happened to bryce's cheek?

Erica said...

Oh I know all to well. :-)

tamiz said...

My house is the definition of Superfluity of Naughtiness!

KrisJ said...

OK the background Jazz is a little hularious! I also about laughed out loud during church on Sunday but for something else! Im glad Im not the only one biting her tongue! And yes there is definately sone naughtiness in this house too and it is also super!