1.04.2014

Celebrating Avery!

My little girl is 5 and will never be 4 again!  So sad for this mama but boy is she excited to be getting older!  The night before her birthday, we had some friends over and had some princess cupcakes.  She loved the candy crowns on top and the pink frosting and fancy sprinkles.


The next day, she was in my bed at 6am asking if it was time to open presents!  We are so mean, we made her wait till about 8am...ha ha.  Her favorite gifts were her American Girl dress for her and her doll from Grandma Morgan, a Leap Pad 2 with some games from us, and fun new clothes from Grandma Cheryl.


Later in the day on her birthday, I took her and her best friend Morgan, with their dolls, down to the American Girl store so their dolls could get their hair done.



Neither of them had been to an American Girl store and when they first went in, their eyes popped open and they were running all over the store not believing what they were seeing.  It was so cute.


We had to wait a couple hours before their dolls could get a hair appointment, so we went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory.  They have these cute little clip on high chairs specifically for American Girl dolls.



What do 5 year olds get when they go out to a nice restaurant? Mac & Cheese of course.


So, what do little girls like to do in order to pass the time while their dolls get fancy?  They like to do crafts.


They like to throw pennies in the stream.

They like to run (seriously, I had to tell them to slow down about 20 times).

They like to play on the escalator.

They like to "hang" out at the mall.

They like to go to the Disney Store...

...and get Frozen cups.

I think this is my favorite picture of the day. Completely unposed and what these cute little girls are like all the time.


Meanwhile, back at the American Girl store...




The Before/After 

I think they were exhausted but had such a fun time.  I think I was smiling the entire time.  Happy Birthday miss Avery!!



post signature

4 comments:

The Haley Family said...

What a fabulous birthday celebration!!! Happy birthday!

Great updating! I sure hope i don't gall behind 3 months again! Loved catching up!!!

Tonya Nounna said...

This made me smile so big! Thanks for letting Morgan be apart of Avery's special day.

Carli said...

Happy birthday Miss Avery! That was some super amazing birthday!

Lori Davis said...

I love this!! What a fun and perfect day!