3.08.2013

My Cello Boy

Zack has grown so much in music this year.  It is definitely his thing.  He decided to start playing cello at the beginning of the year.  Between that and the piano, we hear a lot of practicing going on in this house.  I've actually had to ground him from the piano...true story.

Anyway, he had his 3rd quarter orchestra concert last night.  You'd think a group of 50ish sixth graders with string instruments would break your eardrums but they sounded REALLY good and I'm a very picky string teacher.  They have made so much progress over the last 3 quarters and I'm hoping they all stick at it so in 3 years they can have a great high school orchestra!

Here he is being silly before the concert but I do love silly pictures.


Super focused!  At least it happens sometimes.


With his orchestra teacher Ms. Smiley.  It is her first year out of college and she was hired the 2nd week of school.  I've had many conversations with her and I think she is awesome!  Zack loves her.


One of Zack's best friends, Hunter, plays cello with him.  They did a great job!  So proud of them.

post signature

2 comments:

Erica said...

Holy cow that kid is handsome! You are in for it... ;-)

The Haley Family said...

no wonder he loves orchesta, his teacher is beautiful! :) Good job mister!