9.24.2012

Birthday Week

For some reason, my children's birthdays always turn into such a production!  Not, that I'm complaining, I love birthdays.  My parents and aunt Mel came this past week to celebrate Zack's 11th birthday and to see my kids perform in their primary program at church.  (The kids did great, Zack played I Am a Child of God on the piano and Bryce sang in a small group.  They both memorized their readings and did amazing.  I'm so proud of them!)

For his birthday dinner, he requested Lemon Chicken and spring rolls. I'd never made Lemon Chicken before but it turned out pretty yum.




For Zack's birthday cake, he requested a Minecraft cake.  I have skills, but not those kind of skills.  So my awesome friend Robyn worked her serious fondant talents and we got this beauty!  He absolutely loved it.





If you know me, you know I am a face maker.  Well, apparently I rubbed off on my kids.  I snagged these from Zack trying to get a picture of him with his presents.  Nice...I of course love every picture.



Zack got some great things for his birthday.  A Hunger Games journal from Avery and the movie from Bryce.  Lots of things from grandma and grandpa but I think he loved these new piano books the most!  He got some money from his other grandparents, some gift cards, and the Skylanders Wii setup from Robb and me.


While the kids were in school Friday, my cool top secret friend got us in to use the simulator of the DreamChaser at her top secret job.  (I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.) It is one of the new vehicles that will be going to space.  We weren't allowed to take cameras in, ya know, 'cause it is top secret. But here is a cool picture of what it will look like.  Dad and Mel got to try the simulator and Avery and I were able to go along for the ride.  Dad crashed and burned on his first attempt but landed it the second time.  Mel had MAD landing skills and did it perfectly both times. My dad said it was the coolest thing ever next to his grandkids.  I was so glad my top secret friend went to the effort to get us in. ;)


Saturday night, Robb and I had our season tickets to the Rockies game so instead of ditching the fam, we bought 6 more tickets and we all went to the game.  Perfect night, low 70's, no wind, just downright delightful.  




I had to teach Zack about the rally cap but it didn't work. :(


LOVE...



An amazing week and weekend.  I was sad to see everyone leave. :(

post signature

0 comments: