For our last hurrah of the summer, we made one more trip up to Spokane for my 20th high school reunion. On the way we stopped in Utah for a few days since Lori was there visiting and I have to see that Wisconsonite any chance I get. :) Here are myriads of pics again. Ready set go!
We went with Zack and the other older cousins and adults to see The Sound of Music at Hale Theater while in Utah. He is our musical kid and he loved it.
I just had to take this one. Avery with the frizzy hair and Ruby with those eyes...
I know my mom's eyes are closed in this one but it was just so cute! We were at a splash pad at Ft. Union and they were both blazing hot and hiding under an umbrella.
Ahh...ready for church. How we love Lori and wish we could talk her in to moving to Colorado!
Gorgeous sunset on Sunday night, we just had to snag a pic.
We took all the cousins swimming at the Pleasant Grove City pool. They had a blast. I told Bryce to do something crazy off the diving board and...he obliged.
On our drive from Utah to Spokane, we stopped at the cemetery in McCammon, ID to see my grandparents' grave. We also got a shot of Bryce with his namesake, Truman Washburn Rowe, my great great grandpa.
As close to a 4 generation shot as we could get (the first of 4 on our trip). These are my mom's parents.
My parents live right at the edge of the forest. I took my kids for a hike in the hills behind my house where I always used to play. We couldn't go very far though because there are so many houses up in there now but we saw lots of deer and had a great time.
This picture of course was for aunt Mel. She has posed many a picture like this for my kids.
One day while in Spokane, I took my kids up to Greenbluff which is a little farming community just north of town. The kids got to pick cherries, raspberries, cut flowers for grandma, find a fresh pie for grandpa, try the best lemon sea salt caramels you've ever tasted and see some beautiful countryside. Here is a glimpse of where we were.
Friday night was our seminary reunion. It was fun catching up with everyone and meeting spouses.
Some of my best friends from high school: Barb, Christy, Suzanne, and Shannon.
Another one of my closest friends during high school, Lisa! I was so grateful she made the drive over from Montana to see my kidlets and me and that I talked her into going to the seminary reunion. :)
And Rebecca on the end!
At the high school family picnic on Saturday. Jo Jo, Barb, Barb's daughter, me, and Jason.
Saturday night was the cocktail party at the top of the Spokesman Review building in downtown Spokane. Gorgeous night! I thought the reunion was so fun! I had friends in lots of different circles so we really were chatting with people all three hours. It was fun to catch up with everyone and meet their significant others.
I stole this one from our reunion page. Robb was looking handsome as ever.
With Courtney and Kelli, some of my basketball buddies from high school.
Jeni and John were on the golf team with me. They looked exactly the same!
Before church on Sunday, we went down and saw my other grandparents' grave. These are my dad's parents. Our second 4 generation shot.
Avery loved going out on grandma's deck and seeing the deer that are practically always there eating apples off grandma's tree. She also loved blowing bubbles out there. I thought these shots were so cute.
Mallory showing her some of the tricks of the bubble blowing trade.
On Sunday night, dad and I went over to snag some pics of the temple. I loved this shot.
On the way home, we cut over to Rexburg and Sugar City to see Robb's grandparents' graves. These are Robb's dad's parents. Can you tell Zack was nervous that sprinkler was going to hit him?
Our friend Brady is also buried in the Sugar City cemetery. He was a missionary in me and Robb's mission and was a great friend. Him dying in the Pentagon on 9/11 was devastating and we miss him lots.
These are Cheryl's parents.
Our last stop was seeing the new-ish Rexburg temple. It was gorge!!






























0 comments:
Post a Comment