2.19.2012

Girls Weekend

I won't go on and on about every little part of our weekend but I will say it was AMAZING.  Robb's mom and his sisters and the sister in laws spent three days in Las Vegas.  We stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau Vacation Club which was casino-free and about a block off the strip so it wasn't too crazy.  We did lots of walking, browsing, eating, shopping, people watching, laughing...so much laughing, and saw some amazing shows.

We ate and perused a ton of hotels.  The Cosmopolitan, New York New York, Bellagio, Caesar's Palace, Wynn, and the Venetian. 

This picture was taken the first night at the Holsteins, a fancy organic burger joint inside the Cosmopolitan Hotel.  Jenn and I shared the top rated burger on the strip and the 5th best in the nation.  Topped with bacon, arugula, goat cheese, and tomato confit.  Very fancy but yummy.  We also had their famous shakes which we had to order virgin since they all come with alcohol.  Alcoholic milkshakes? Only in Vegas I guess. They were yum-o.


They had a gorgeous setup in the atrium of the Bellagio for Chinese New Year.



Took this picture right before La Reve started.  It was a Cirque de Soleil show that was unbelievable.


On our last night, we ate at Canoletto, an italian restaurant in the Venetian.  It was so gorgeous we just kept taking pictures.




Lori was my roommate for the weekend.  I sure miss living by her.



We went and saw Phantom on our last night.  We saw it in Denver a couple of years back but this was on a completely different theatrical scale.  They built the theater to look like the opera house including wax figures in the box seats on the side.  At one point the Phantom came down out of the chandelier and the cast also went in to the crowd at certain points.  Here is my illegal pic I wasn't supposed to take.


Phantom of the Opera was at the Venetian which was definitely ornate and fancy.  It was however the most busy and crowded hotel of all the hotels we were in all weekend.


To end our trip we had dessert after Phantom at the Grand Lux Cafe.  Check out the Strawberry Shortcake.  It was amazing!


It was great to get away and take a break from the everyday craziness.  Big thanks to my handsome Robb for taking over at home for a few days. :)
post signature

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

Ive never wanted to go there but you just sold me!! How fun!! LOVE how you get along with your inlaws, you are a lucky girl!

Erica said...

Sounds awesome! You are seriously blessed and hit the jackpot years ago when you married into that family. FUN!!

The Haley Family said...

ah, what a great time! So miss you and Lor!!!

When are we going to plan a USU reunion?? Seriously!!

So glad you had an amazing weekend!

Lori Davis said...

You are already blogging?? I am trying to catch up on sleep!! WAY too much fun and I loved being roomies! Nothing better than some gut wrenching middle of the night laughter! I'm pretty much Jack Bauer... Good night, Chloe!

Stacie said...

So jealous! Looks like you had so much fun--what a fun fam to marry into! You did well, girlfriend!