12.28.2011

December Fun

This will be a mish mosh of pics and not in any kind of chronological order so...bear with me.

Christmas was pretty low key this year since we did the cruise earlier in the month.  We told the kids that Santa was only putting a few things in their stockings, they could open new PJ's and then they'd get a few gifts from grandparents and cousins.  I swear we should do this EVERY year.  Robb and I were in bed by 10:30pm and had to wake the kids up just before 8:00am so we wouldn't be late for church!  

But, before I get ahead of myself...a few days before Christmas I took the kiddos to see Santa.  Now Bryce and Avery were on board but if you recall this photo that I've posted previously...Zack is not such a fan of  St. Nick. I know...I'm a mean mean mom.


He still, 9 years later, is not a fan of the man in red, or at least people dressed up like him, so he hung out in Gamestop while the younger two basically asked for nothing but candy and were happy as a clam.  I felt a little bad for Santa who...had no way to breath.  I mean look at that beard!



 Now I'm not exactly sure where we were going but Avery was in a posing mood and so I just started snapping pics.  I am gonna be in TROU-BLE!






I had my 38th birthday in the  middle of the month.  Robb and the kids made me a huge pan of brownies and decided to put all the numbers they could find that added up to 38 since we couldn't find the darn 8!



We invited one of my friends and her little boy over to frost sugar cookies.  The kids had a great time and seriously went through an entire bag of red hots.  Who knew those were the big draw for sugar cookies?




On Christmas Eve, Robb's brother and his family came up for our 3rd (or 4th?) annual night of chinese food.  I made sweet and sour pork and oriental chicken salad and Andrea made beef & broccoli, tempura shrimp, and potstickers.  Um...yum!  After chatting and catching up, we watched the new bible video of Christ's birth the church put out and read our favorite Geese Story.  It was an awesome night.

After Jeff and his family left we opened Christmas PJ's.  The kids were just too cute.


Seriously, when did Zack go from 5 to...16!?!  He looks so old in this picture.  He is just a few inches shorter than me now.




This was taken on Christmas morning.  I mean who wouldn't want this hair every morning, right?  Admit it, you're jealous.


Zack LOVED his Angry Birds blanket and all the other fun games and gadgets he received.

His stuffed Yoshi I think was for sure his favorite gift.  They were so thrilled with so little.  I loved it!

Avery of course received dolls and pink stuff.  She was thrilled with her Christmas Dress I made.

I tried to snap some good pics of Avery in her cute dress before church on Christmas but...this was all I got.  She still pretty cute. :)





On the 27th, Robb and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  We spent the morning at the temple at the sealing of one of his young men from a few years back.  It was great way to remember our sealing day and all the magnificent blessings that were sealed upon us 15 years ago.  The sealing took place in the same room were we sealed Avery to us and had all of our kids in the temple with us two years ago.  It was awesome!  Then we went to lunch and did a little shopping together.  I'm so grateful for my Robb and the amazing husband and father he is.  I'm so grateful we found each other in the big world. 

 2011 was a great year for us.  Lots of health problems mended, lots of fun activities and trips with the kids, we received challenging but fulfilling callings and have grown a lot.  But, I'm excited for what 2012 holds for us.  Bring it on!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun month you guys had. You all look great. We miss you guys!!! Love you.

Ams

The Haley Family said...

AWESOME!!! LOVE the dress you made Avery!! Gorgeous! You had a very fun filled December!! Can't wait to see you again!

KrisJ said...

What a fun Christmas!! LOVE Averys dress!! And ya Id totally have her hair if she ever wants to share!!

Julye said...

Kris, you are awesome! It always makes me feel good to read your blog. Your kids are lucky that you are so fun!!