Yesterday the son of one of our family friends was taken to Children's Hospital and is still in serious condition. We were all in Bryce's room last night asking the boys if they would fast for Tanner with us. The conversation was actually pretty heavy, they were asking why God lets certain things happen and how it's possible to have enough faith to get through certain challenges. The mood was definitely somber. Then all of a sudden in prances miss princess fairy doing her twirls and singing. We all kind of giggled. Then Bryce says,
"Mom, we need another brown baby girl."
"Why?"
Then Zack says, "Because she's so cute and funny. We need to get one like her all over again."
Bryce chimed in, "Yea, we need like a million of her."
I was laughing so hard. Avery could tell we were talking about her and was hamming it up even more. Although I was pretty clear to the boys that there would be NO more brown baby girls, it was fun to see my kids actually loving each other a little bit. Then a round of tackle hugs ensued led by Avery of course.
I'm lovin' on my kids just a little more today.

2 comments:
That is so sweet! I hope your friend is ok. Extra prayers from us.
That is so precious! Sometimes we just need to love our little ones even more each day when they say things that touch our hearts. I too hope your friend is ok. Those are trials that test our faith for sure! Hugs!
Post a Comment