6.20.2011

Artsy Fartsy

So I had a friend the other day call me "artsy fartsy." Well apparently, it's a Like Mother, Like Daughter kind of thing...

Today I was trying to get Avery to take a nap. She puts up a little more fight every day now so it takes a little bribing and downright trickery at times. So after reading all the Strawberry Shortcake and Dora books, getting a drink out the whale drinking fountain, going potty, and doing her stretches (yea, that's a new one as of today), she asked if she could go sleep in "Zacky's blanket." I said sure as long as she goes to sleep. So I left her and went downstairs, which apparently I should have thought through a little better...

This is what I found upon entering Zack's room to check on her about an hour later:


And then I moved to a better, much more...detailed...angle.

I don't know how thrilled Zack will be when he gets home from his afternoon at a friend's house and sees that his paints are gone and his wall has been newly painted. If he gets upset, I guess I'll just remind him of this:

When asked what Zack was doing to my wall with a black Sharpie, he said he was "dwawing Simba." And yes, he was 2 1/2...go figure.

post signature

4 comments:

alison said...

Oh my gosh--that is funny! I don't envy you the task of telling Zack though.

The Haley Family said...

HILARIOUS!! I was very lucky to not have artsy episodes. She is so stinkin' cute though!

Unknown said...

Artsy Fartsy strikes in your house! I bet that was a huge mess to clean up! So sorry Kris... Sorry, because I have been there before and it is not a pleasant thing for me to clean up...

Doug said...

The body paint was a nice touch. Glad you caught that while she was still asleep!