Last weekend we made a quick little jaunt up to Spokane...ok, well, 34 hours of driving total but it's all good. :) My nephew just got home from his mission so we went up for his homecoming and family pics and good ole family bonding time.
The first day we were there, we went down to Riverfront Park and took the kids on the carousel. This isn't just any carousel, it's the Looff Carousel made in 1909. But the most exciting thing about it is the rings. They swing out this arm that dispenses little plastic rings and then you throw it at a target and if you hit it there is a big loud noise. If you're lucky enough to grab the GOLDEN ring, you get an extra ride. Zack was a little hesitant to reach that far out there but by his 3rd or 4th ride he got brave enough and then was unstoppable. I know this is kind of a blurry picture but it totally caught him grabbing the ring! He was so excited.

Now, being raised in Spokane, I have a little carousel riding experience so it's no surprise that yours truly got the GOLDEN ring....twice! Zack obviously shared in my excitement.

Another standard down at Riverfront Park is the garbage goat. A Catholic nun made it for the World's Fair in Spokane in 1974. Basically, you push the button and its vacuum digestive system goes into action and sucks your trash up!


Although it was a little chilly and rainy, they still had a great time feeding the seagulls and geese.

We had a grand ole time that evening playing games and seeing the returned missionary, Jacob, and playing with cousins, etc.
The next morning, the ladies went to get a pedicure which is always delightful! Then it was time for family pics. I snapped a few pics while we were waiting for the photographer to get ready. It's funny, we went up to Spokane to see Jacob and I only got a picture of his feet. But, I love that you can tell by his shoes how hard he worked on his mission!

Zack and I always seem to be attempting self portraits. We took a bunch and he promised me he was smiling in this one...little pooper.

So cute.

My beautiful mom and sister...
Sunday, we went to Jacob's homecoming, sang a big family musical number, and enjoyed each other for one more day. It was a quick trip but SO much fun.




3 comments:
Fantastic pics! I love the one of you and Zack with the ring... the expressions say it all! Mel is drop dead gorgeous and I love the one of Robb and the kids in action feeding ducks. Avery and Bryce... really??? DARLING! I am glad you had so much fun!
K Avery is the cutest ever! Fun family time!
What a family! Full of fun and excitemnt. Must say I love the looks of those darling grandkids of mine! I will claim them anywhere--they are special!
Post a Comment